Welcome to Two Dot, Montana Two Dot takes its name from a local cattleman G. R. ‘Two Dot’ Wilson. Mr. Wilson was given the nickname of ‘Two Dot’ because of his unusual cattle brand of two dots horizontally on both hips for cattle and two dots vertically on the left shoulder for horses. The dots were only about 1 and a half inches in diameter and 3 inches apart. Two Dot was built in 1900. The Jawbone Rail Road arrived in the fall of 1899 and the Town of Big Elk, a few miles to the south, was moved to the rail head and became Two Dot. Information and picture supplied by John Whelan, owner of the old Two Dot Wilson Home Ranch.